June 18, 2019|
You will need:
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan Peppercorns (or sub black peppercorns)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or coconut aminos for a gluten-free option)
- 3 tablespoons honey, maple syrup, coconut sugar, brown sugar or sugar alternative
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar (or black vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine or mirin
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon of dried chillis
- ½ teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- Optional- 2-3 teaspoons corn starch, to thicken, see notes.
How to make:
- Toast Szechuan peppercorns in a hot dry skillet over medium heat, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Crush.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl or jar and whisk until well combined.
- Whisk in 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
Posted in: Recipe